The case studies and associated material must be:
Original cases in the areas of business and management in an Indian setting, written in English and easy to comprehend. See suggested Case Categories.
Based on primary research, including interviews with company insiders to obtain background data; and about a real business situation in a real company. Finance cases may be treated as exceptions and may be based on secondary research with proper references throughout the document.
- The original work of the author/s. Copying of material/ plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Focused on a recent situation (preferably after January 2009).
- Usable for MBA and/or Executive Education programmes.
- Formally released for publication by the management of the company or individuals included in the case. The company must authorise the final case submission by signing the Case Release Form. This is not required for those Finance cases which are based only on secondary research.
- Submitted in electronic form as an attachment and accompanied by:
- Brief author profiles: 4-5 lines for each author
- Case abstract: 8-10 lines
- Case study: 15-20 pages (inclusive of exhibits)
- A detailed teaching note
- Case Release Form from the organisation
- CD or DVD (only if submission is a multimedia case or author wishes to supplement the Case with a video)
In addition, the case should not:
- Include the identity of the case writer or school.
- Have been previously published elsewhere. Such cases will not be accepted.